Love the Way You Lie


Hey Guys!

So a lot of changes are going on in my life right now but I am not about to forget my lovely blog readers. Therefore I decided to write a blog about relationships. After all I did right a book on the subject =] I was listening to the song ‘Love the Way You Lie’ by Eminem and I have to admit its an awesome song but no matter how catchy the tune is I can’t help but think about the underlying message.

If you’ve listened to the song then you know the song is about two people staying in an abusive relationships but if you haven’t listened to the song, you can take a listen below. I also have to warn you that there is cursing in the lyrics and the video is pretty intense.

So now you know what the song is about. For me the chorus sums it up, they lyrics to the chorus are ‘Just go stand there and watch me burn but that’s all right because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry but that’s all right because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie.’

The video has been viewed 55 million times since it was posted two weeks ago. That means 55 million people have watched the video but I wonder if everyone understands it. For me it’s showcasing an abusive relationship that the two people are choosing to stay in because they are in love with the idea of each other. This is an unhealthy relationship and that’s why I wanted to discuss this video. With so many kids watching it I wanted to voice my thoughts and while the song is beyond catchy it’s also important. I believe people should look at this video and not be like oh this is cool but understand that its showing how a relationship shouldn’t be.

We shouldn’t stay in a relationship because of the way things were or because of short moments of bliss. A healthy relationship is good 80% of the time and difficult the other 20% or around about that ratio. Anyhow the point is that a relationship should be respectful, loving and healthy most of the time not the other way around. A hot flash of passion doesn’t sustain a relationship. You have to marry passion with respect and love. As you go through your relationships please remember that.

Let me know what you think and what you think of the video/song and as always of this post,

Until next time be blessed, stay strong and never give up,

God Bless,

Grace Hatton – Best Selling Teen Author